March 8 Delayed Openings, Cancellations Etc.
Here's a running list of delayed openings, cancellations, postponements, closings and more for Thursday, March 8, 2018.
- The Kilpatrick Athletic Center at Bard College at Simon's Rock will open at 7 a.m.
- Farmington River Regional School District - closed
- Berkshire Hills Regional School District - 2 hour delay
- Southern Berkshire Regional School District - School is canceled for students but staff must report at 11 a.m. or when conditions are safe for travel
- Taconic Hills Central School District - 2 hour delay
- Lenox Public Schools - 2 hour delay
- Berkshire Community College closed for the day (all day classes and programs will not be held) but they will reopen campus at 4 p.m. for evening classes and activities
- Berkshire South Regional Community Center - 2 hour delayed opening (will open at 8 a.m.)
- All Community Health Programs (CHP) medical and dental sites - delayed opening at 10 a.m. This includes family services and WIC
- East Mountain Medical Associates - opening at 10 a.m.
- The Claire Teague Senior Center – opening at 10- a.m. (no congregate meals)
- Southern Berkshire District Court – opening at 10 a.m.
- Sheffield Senior Center - no transportation today and the center will open at noon
- Southern Berkshire Elderly Transportation - not running
- People's Pantry in Great Barrington - closed
- Elder Services - Meals on Wheels, Home Delivered and Congregate Meals are canceled
- The meeting of the Thursday morning club scheduled for 1 p.m. this afternoon at the Congregational Church on Main Street in Great Barrington has been canceled
- Tonight's Breaking Bread community meal at the Sheffield American Legion scheduled for 5:30 p.m. is canceled
As we receive more announcements, we will post them on this page. Also, Jesse Stewart will be updating you throughout the morning with the latest Winter Watch list after each information and AccuWeather update (two times each hour) between 6 a.m and 10 a.m and at :50 past the hour throughout the rest of the day as warranted.