March 7 Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
For the 2nd time in the month of March--which is less than a week old, mind you--we're finding ourselves in the path of a potent snowstorm. While most of our area escaped significant snowfall last week, this time we may not be as fortunate.
The Winter Storm Warning continues in effect through 7PM Thursday according to the National Weather Service. Accumulations of over a foot are quite possible.
Here's the running list of cancellations, postponements, closings, delays and early dismissals that we have so far:
- Farmington River Regional School District advised us that they are planning to release students early on Wednesday, at 11:45 AM with no lunch served, and they are planning a 2-hour delayed opening for Thursday.
- Taconic Hills Central School District - 11:10 a.m. early dismissal. Also, out of district bus transportation will not be provided today.
- Lenox Public Schools - early dismissal
- Southern Berkshire Regional School District - early dismissal at 11:40 a.m.
- Berkshire Hills Regional School District - early dismissal
- The open house scheduled for this evening at Monument Mountain Regional High School has been postponed to March 14th
- All campuses of Berkshire Community College closing at 11 a.m. ( anything starting at 11 or after is cancelled)
-Community Access to the Arts (CATA) - closed
- Southern Berkshire Elderly Transportation - not running
- Sheffield Senior Center Transportation - not running
- All branches of Salisbury Bank and Trust - closing at 11 a.m.
The Kilpatrick Athletic Center on the campus of Bard College at Simon's Rock will close today at 12:30 pm.
- East Mountain Medical Associates will be closing at 1:00.
- Tonight's Old Yankee Street Roads meeting scheduled for 7 p.m. at the VFW in Great Barrington has been canceled.
-Canyon Ranch Life Enhancement program at Fairview Hospital tonight is canceled.
-Barrington Brewery will not be open today
-Berkshire South is closing at 2:00 today.
-Lenox Library is closing at Noon.
-Southern Berkshire District Court is closing at 3 PM today.
-All offices of Pittsfield Co-op Bank are closing at 3:30 PM
-All Greylock Federal Credit Union branches and Insurance Agency offices are closing at 3:30 today.( March 7)
-Risingdale Café in Housatonic is closing at 5 PM
-Tonight’s Town of Great Barrington joint budget meeting has been canceled. A new date & time will be announced.
-St.Mary’s Church/School in Lee has canceled all events for this evening
-The meeting of the Thursday morning club scheduled for 1 p.m. tomorrow (Thursday) at the Congregational Church on Main Street in Great Barrington has been canceled
-Thursday's Breaking Bread community meal at the Sheffield American Legion (5:30PM) is canceled.
WinterWatch updates are read after each information update during the morning show with Jesse Stewart and at :50 past the hour throughout the rest of the day as warranted.